Terms & Privacy
This notice is issued by Hunter REIM Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales under number 10910482, whose registered office is at 71 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4V 4BE and Hunter REIM Guernsey Limited, a company incorporated in Guernsey under number 43187, whose registered office is at La Tonnelle House, Les Banques, St Sampson, Guernsey, GY1 3HS, collectively “The Hunter Group” and each of which are controllers of personal data.
This notice summarises how The Hunter Group use, share and store the data collected from you when you become an investor in a fund managed by The Hunter Group, when you become a tenant in a property owned by one of its funds, when you act as a director in respect of one of the companies within The Hunter Group or when you apply for a job with The Hunter Group. This privacy notice applies to personal data provided to us by you through The Hunter Group’s website and all products and services offered by The Hunter Group.
The Hunter Group is committed to safeguarding the personal information which you may provide to us and to the extent that The Hunter Group collects any personal information, The Hunter Group will hold it in confidence in accordance with such of the following laws as may apply to each member of The Hunter Group: the Data Protection Act 1998. the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 and the Data protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017 as amended.
Types of personal data you share with The Hunter Group
Information you provide:- You may be asked to voluntarily provide certain personal information details about you such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and other information in connection with The Hunter Group’s client or tenant registration procedures, administrative processes and job application process. The Hunter Group may disclose the information to its agents and service providers.
Information from other sources:- The Hunter Group does not collect or process any personal data from any other sources.
The Hunter Group does not collect personal data that is sensitive or special category personal data.
Purposes and legal basis of processing
The Hunter Group will use personal data for the following purposes and on the following legal bases:
Legal Basis of Processing
|the administration and servicing of client investments||Processing is necessary for conclusion or performance of a contract to which either (a) you are party or (b) made between us and a third party in your interests
Or a processing as necessary processing to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract
|managing client lease contracts||
Processing is necessary for conclusion or performance of a contract to which either (a) you are party or (b) made between us and a third party in your interests
evaluating job applications
Processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests to manage our business
to ensure compliance with its obligations under the UK or Guernsey legal or regulatory regime as applicable
|Processing is necessary for us to exercise any right or power, or perform or comply with any duty, conferred or imposed on us by an enactment or to comply with an order or a judgment of a court or tribunal|
On the basis of consent unless The Hunter Group have a legitimate interest in processing personal data for the purposes of marketing.
The Hunter Group does not make decisions about you based on automated processing of your personal data.
How The Hunter Group keeps personal data safe
The Hunter Group adheres to the following practices to help keep the personal data that it processes safe:
- It limits server access by Internet Protocol (IP) address to only those that require it.
- It has a server firewall in place that permits only standard inbound internet traffic – HTTP, HTTPS & SSH (restricted by IP).
- It controls and regulates access to The Hunter Group data files and email accounts.
Sharing of personal data with Third Parties
- The Hunter Group may share personal data with third parties in the provision of investment and property management services. The Hunter Group will only share personal information in the following circumstances:
- where the transfer is necessary to fulfil the requirements of the contract or operation for which the information was provided, and the third party is a Data Processor;
- as required by a court order or any other legal or regulatory requirement.
The Hunter Group does not collect or compile personal data for dissemination or sale to outside parties.
The Hunter Group may share your personal information with third party organisations:
- Professional firms, agents and advisers who it uses to help run your accounts and services, collect what you owe, administer funds, manage properties and explore new ways of doing business;
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities;
- Fraud prevention agencies;
- Companies it has a joint venture or agreement to co-operate with;
- Organisations that introduce you to The Hunter Group; or
- Companies you ask The Hunter Group to share your data with.
The Hunter Group requires all third parties with whom it shares your personal information to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. The Hunter Group does not allow such third parties to use your personal data for their own purposes. The Hunter Group only permits them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with its instructions.
Processing of your personal data (as described above) may be undertaken by any entity in the Bailiwick of Guernsey, the European Economic Area, or by an entity who is located outside the European Economic Area in a third country in respect of which the EU Commission has issued a decision in respect of the adequacy of that jurisdiction’s data protection laws.
Your Rights and Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which The Hunter Group holds about you;
- The right to request that The Hunter Group corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where we have relied solely upon your consent as a legal basis for the processing concerned;
- The right to request that The Hunter Group provides the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office or Guernsey Data Protection Authority (if appropriate).
How long The Hunter Group keeps your Data
The Hunter Group stores data in accordance with legal, financial and best-practice business requirements. It may keep the data for as long as needed to carry out the purposes for which the data was collected, and to establish or defend legal rights or obligations and satisfy any reporting or accounting obligations/legal proceedings or as otherwise required by law.
CVs in respect of unsuccessful applicants are deleted promptly following completion of the job application process.
The Hunter Group may use your personal information to tell you about relevant products and offers. This is what The Hunter Group means when it talks about ‘marketing’.
The personal information The Hunter Group has for you is made up of the information you provide, the data collected when you use its services, or from third parties it works with.
The Hunter Group study this to form a view on what it thinks you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how The Hunter Group decides which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. The Hunter Group can only use your personal information to send you marketing messages if it has either your consent or a ‘legitimate interest’ in processing data for such interests. You can ask The Hunter Group to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting The Hunter Group at any time. If you wish to raise a complaint on how The Hunter Group has handled your personal data the matter will be investigated if you use the contact details below.
Privacy notice changes
The Hunter Group may update this privacy notice from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to its practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons. For clarity, this notice shall include the date of the most recent revision at the bottom of the page. The amended privacy notice shall be effective as from that date. It is therefore recommended that you refer back to this periodically.
The Hunter Group is not required to appoint a Data Protection Officer. For more information about its privacy policies or if you have any questions, your comments are always welcome. Please get in touch by telephone 0131 240 0900 or by mail:
Hunter REIM Limited
86a George Street
Last updated: July 2020